This is my journey in creating concepts, writing, illustrating, finding a literary agent, and becoming a published children's book author and illustrator for the picture book genre.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Paying it forward...

Great news! I get to use my talent to help out my kids' school! One of the best pieces of advice I have ever received is one that has been repeated over and over... Immerse yourself in the industry. Read children's books. Read them to kids. Find out what sparks their little brains into a tidal wave of make believe! I am doing just that. In the afternoon's, I am working with the pre school and kindergarten age group. I get to read to them, play games with them, and be a part of the world I left behind decades ago. This is the latest spot illustration. The school would like a newsletter to give to the parents. They are the Hawks. Here is my latest spot art. I may redo this in Gouache, because...GOUACHE! I love the beauty of bright colors and effortless imagination that it conveys. Layering pencil colors are nice, too.  I can't complain.
It feels great to be able to use something you enjoy and offer to a place that is educating your children.  

No comments:

Post a Comment