This is my journey in creating concepts, writing, illustrating, finding a literary agent, and becoming a published children's book author and illustrator for the picture book genre.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

That grant I keep referencing...

well, hooray for me! The grant that I am applying for was set back. No applications accepted until next month. What does this mean? Well, more time to fine tune the work! I haven't started the dummy book yet. Andy is still receiving some revisions and still tooting the same etiquette platform. An advantage to children's illustrations is that all forms of art mediums are acceptable. I am still drawn to the vibrancy of water colors and pastels. Two other grants are opening their doors in May. One is for illustration and the other is for writing. These will offer a waived conference fee for the Missouri conference. First, I shall finish applying for this grant and cross all digits; fingers and toes. Then, I shall perhaps pursue one of these two options. :) Happy writing and always aspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment