This is my journey in creating concepts, writing, illustrating, finding a literary agent, and becoming a published children's book author and illustrator for the picture book genre.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Split page: take two!

I have decided to re work the split page that I had worked on previously. The previous pages are pretty and the colors are ideal, but balance was not resonating with me. I need more from it. I want my illustrations to bring a sense of happiness and whimsy when they thumb through the pictures. I want parents to come back to this book for night time reading. So, back to the sketching stage I go. I have been sketching a little here and there. Inspiration has been a little slow lately. So, I finally started putting down a discernible sketch of Andy, Lilly, and Benny. Here are some stages as I prepare this new set of art for the end of my book. I feel that a split page in full illustration should be a must for the picture book dummy. It is a great example of what the art for the entire book will be in full illustration. So, here I go. Onward to my ideal split page!!!!
Still aspiring and my dreams are huge!!!!

let's make it a bit more balanced!


first page is a go for color and song lyrics!
song lyrics added and second page is beginning to take form!
starting to apply color. First layer.



adding some depth to the characters and background.

No comments:

Post a Comment